First Aid Kit
Please see below for the F.A’s latest guidance on first aid kits and their content.
Recommended Minimum Contents of the Pitch Side First Aid Kit
• first aid guidance leaflet
• 4 pairs of latex-free (nitrile) disposable gloves (barrier to prevent X-infection)
• Pocket mask (if trained) / alternatively face-shield (barrier for rescue breathing)
• ‘Tufcut’ scissors (cut clothing)
• Water/spray bottle (cleaning wounds)
• gauze swabs (bleeding wounds)
• 6 crepe bandages (various sizes) (compression bandage)
• 2 large, sterile, unmedicated wound dressings (non-adhesive)
• 6 medium, sterile, unmedicated wound dressings (non-adhesive)
• 1 roll zinc oxide tape (secure wound dressings)
• 20 plasters (assorted sizes) sterile, individually wrapped, hypoallergenic.
• 4 triangular bandages (sterile) (sling / limb support / immobilisation)
• sterile cleansing wipes ( for player / first aider)
• 2 yellow disposable clinical waste bags (waste disposal)
• 2 sterile eye pads (eye injury)
• 2 steripods (eye irrigation)
• 1 litre sterile water/normal saline (sealed disposable container)
• Blanket / umbrella (player protection).
Tablets / Medicines:
• First aiders should not routinely carry tablets or medicines, nor should they dispense them.
• Exceptional circumstances: when a player has been prescribed medication, e.g. anti-asthma inhaler, insulin injection or EpiPen.
• Must be clearly labelled with player’s name.
• First aider’s role – to assist the player to take their medication as and when required.